ADHD is a condition, also known as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. This disorder can be managed through lifestyle changes and supplements. In severe cases, prescription medication may be necessary. There are simple tricks and natural remedies that can help to decrease the prevalence of these symptoms in your life.
Symptoms of ADHD
Some of the symptoms associated with ADHD are difficulty concentrating and paying attention, trouble sitting still, trouble finishing assignments, lack of attention to detail, difficulty organizing tasks, easily distracted, forgetful in everyday activities, and fidgeting.
Causes of ADHD
What causes ADHD in people? The link is not entirely known, but it may be genetic in nature and it may be caused by head injuries. Studies also show that the reticular activating system in the brain may be disrupted, which is responsible for neural pathways and information processing. This area in the brain is also responsible for memory and concentration. Regardless of the cause, there are ways to minimize its effect on your life.
Organizing is a way to help with the problems associated with concentration and memory.
Here are some tips to help you organize your child’s life.
- Wall Chart – Using a chart is extremely important in planning your life and organizing your child’s schedule. Write down standing activities and new appointments or unique items can be written in your schedule in a different color to maximize attention.
- Timer Watch/Phone – If your child has problems remember tasks, a timer watch or phone app may be helpful in alerting them to practice, church, or any other activities that may come up in their life. Setting calendar appointments on a phone is a way to alert for upcoming activities as well.
- Post-It Notes – Even the best planner has unexpected things come up. Consider sticky notes to add to your planner for events that come up after your child’s weekly schedule has been prepared. Try to use bright and flashy notes to make sure they catch your attention.
- Journal – Sometimes you just need to dump all the information in your brain for the day, so consider a journal to document things that come up during your child’s day. Your phone may even have a notes app that may be an easy way to jot down notes for later.
- Downsize – Take the time to go through things that you don’t need. Consider purging your material possessions, especially toys not being played with. Have a box for storage items, a trash bag for trash, and a basket for items to donate. Tackle one area at a time and sort as you go through that area. This can minimize clutter and organize your child’s life. The downsizing can also ease stress from your child’s life.
There are supplements that can help with the symptoms of ADHD. One of the natural options is called Attend by Vaxa. This product contains natural ingredients that can help to balance the neurotransmitters in the brain. It can also calm the stress and anxiety felt from dealing with the disorder. It can also help with focus and concentration in your life.
For help with Adult organizing, check out our article, here.